Last updated 07/18/11
The Hinman Mail Center is named after Herbert Davis Hinman, Class of 1907.
When the Hopkins Center for the Arts opened in 1962, Lloyd U. Noland Jr. ’39, Tuck ’40, of Newport News, Va., made the donation to name the new mail system for Hinman. Hinman had been his father’s best friend and had encouraged Noland to attend Dartmouth.
The Mail Center was expanded in 1972 and is still located in the Hop. Still a lively place in the era of email, from July 2010 to June 2011, the center handled 90,000 packages.